Friday, July 31, 2009

Sibling bonding, rivalry, and instruction

We always have a great time when the Hocks get together. It was especially fun to hang out with Kevin knowing that this will be the last quality "play time" for 2 years or so.
Every time we get together, I love to see how close Michael, Megan, and Kevin are. They actually make having 3 kids look enticing because they are so close and have so many inside jokes that all of them are in on. With 6 kids, we had a lot of those too, but it is just different.

Another thing about Michael getting together with his siblings is without fail, he becomes like a high school boy again...

He likes to play "what if I dressed like Kevin"...
he turns into a goofy game player deciding to change the rules to be "more fun his way" ... I actually like it- that is more my style...(California Speed became San Ramon Speed within 2 minutes of it being taught- Meg and Mom were not such fans and repeatedly said, "THOSE ARE NOT THE RULES!" every time Michael would make up a "more fun" Michael rule...
he thinks he is the third parent and will often drop a "you need to learn this"... (notice Kev plugging his nose...)
and my personal favorite- I am stronger than you even though I'm nearing my 30s. To prove this one, somehow one night became a whose muscles are bigger.
Meg as the only sister, was kind enough to be the measurer while Michael and Kevin got down to flexing business.
Even mom and dad got into the competition.
Michael was the proud winner in almost every category- and was very modest about his victory!
(One day maybe Michael will actually start blogging so he can monitor what gets posted ... Thanks sweetie for letting me document our entertaining lives! :)

It was fun to hang out with everyone! We love you.

No comments: